qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Vinoski <vino...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Maven Status ?
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 20:30:05 GMT
On Nov 16, 2006, at 3:04 PM, Marnie McCormack wrote:

> Copied from a separate post:
>
> A salient point in all of these (about maven/release) discussions -
> what's
> the current status of the issues with the maven build ? Is it ready
> to go -
> if not, what is outstanding ?

Umm, did you read my previous response to pretty much these same
questions?

> I think it'd be very useful to state where the maven build is ?
> Been lots of
> discussion, but it's not clear where the maven distribution is at.

It's on the mvn branch in the same state it was in on Monday. I have
some really minor changes in my working copy that I haven't committed
yet.

> Steve - can you clarify please ? Also, don't know if you saw my
> previous
> suggestion that JIRAs for outstanding maven tasks would give us
> visibility/enable other committers to contribute to the effort ?

Yep, saw it, and already answered it. I said it didn't make much
sense to me to start filling in JIRAs unless and until maven is
merged to trunk. Someone on Monday or Tuesday asked in an email for
me to hold off on any maven merges for a few days, so that's what I'm
doing. Besides, maven can't cleanly merge to trunk anymore because
Martin changed the mina code, which is what started this whole issue
regarding snapshots and code drops and such. If I merge what's on the
branch, then we'll revert to mina 1.0.0 and I'll need to undo
Martin's changes. If I merge but leave Martin's changes in place,
then I'll need to come up with some way of meaningfully naming
whatever drop of mina it is that we're using, so that maven will fail
to find it in any repository and we'll each have to install it into
our local ~/.m2/repository.

I would have much preferred that the mina changes for M1 were made on
the M1 branch, so that trunk was free to continue to move forward,
but it's too late for that.

--steve