qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Vinoski <vino...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Maven and artifacts....
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:55:32 GMT

On Nov 16, 2006, at 11:26 AM, John O'Hara wrote:

> On 15/11/06, Steve Vinoski <vinoski@iona.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, it can be long. But those are the rules by which we must abide
>> under Apache. As Rajith points out in a separate email, it's not even
>> clear that M1 as it stands can get out the door given its dependency
>> on an unreleased version of mina.
>>
>> I don't make the rules. I just want to live by them, as I'm sure we
>> all do, and I know that maven will help greatly in that regard.
>

> With Apache licensed software, we can use any checked in code that
> bears the
> license.

Chapter and verse, please. We've had a number of people over the past
few days assert what the "real" rules are, and now you've just added
another. These assertions have greatly differed. If I were the M1
release manager, I would want to see an official Apache document that
clearly states what's possible in this regard.

I am surprised that our mentors haven't chimed in yet.

--steve