qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Vinoski <vino...@iona.com>
Subject Re: svn properties....
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 16:39:03 GMT

On Nov 9, 2006, at 10:57 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> I noticed that a lot of files in qpid don't have any svn properties
> set on
> them so they end up with mixed cr/lf issues, wrong mime types when
> browsing, etc....   That's probably not a good thing.

Dan, good catch. I was about to send a similar note, as last night I
found a bunch of source files containing Windows line endings.

> I've attached a little bash shell script that I use to fix up
> issues like
> that in a bunch of SVN repositories.   It runs on Linux (maybe on
> Mac as
> well, GNU xargs required) and will reset all the properties for the
> types
> I've been exposed to.   Someone should propable run it on trunk to get
> things into a good consistent state and then start from there.

Unless someone objects, I'll run this script today in the Java tree
and commit it. I'd rather leave the C++ tree to Alan or Gordon and
the Ruby and Python trees to Rafi, unless you guys want me to take
care of those trees too, just let me know.

> QPID should also define a definite set of auto props that developers
> should be using.   A good starting point may be the CXF ones at:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/trunk/etc/svn-auto-props
> they should cover MOST of the stuff encountered.   Not sure about the
> ruby/python stuff.

I've been using the CXF auto props and they work well. I'll commit a
copy of them into the Qpid tree today.

Thanks Dan!

--steve