qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Vinoski <vino...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Maven Status ?
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:03:51 GMT

On Nov 17, 2006, at 8:27 AM, Steve Vinoski wrote:

> On Nov 17, 2006, at 2:51 AM, Martin Ritchie wrote:
>
>> On 16/11/06, Steve Vinoski <vinoski@iona.com> wrote:
>> Besides, maven can't cleanly merge to trunk anymore because
>>> Martin changed the mina code, which is what started this whole issue
>>> regarding snapshots and code drops and such. If I merge what's on
>>> the
>>> branch, then we'll revert to mina 1.0.0 and I'll need to undo
>>> Martin's changes.
>>
>> Reverting the changes is fine.
>>
>> We'll have to wait and see what happens with the mina code. There are
>> some bugs that have been resolved for 1.0.1 and still some
>> outstanding
>> (19 in total if you look for issues to be fixed for 1.0.1)  Hopefully
>> there will be a better understanding of what we can do to provide a
>> stable Qpid M2 release as that time approaches.
>
> Martin, do you think you could ask the mina folks to create a
> snapshot maven release? As Dan's emails described yesterday, it
> would be pretty easy for them to do. Then we wouldn't need to
> revert anything.

Sometime today I'll be committing the maven stuff. Let me point out
up front that the issues that Martin raised Monday [1] are not all
addressed, which I don't think matters immediately because I believe
they're all related to actually creating a release. We can fix those
as we go, and I'll file JIRAs for them as Marnie suggested.

--steve

[1] <http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-qpid-dev/
200611.mbox/%
3c99e30fe50611140541s3753fb23mb61b3ba5306b365f@mail.gmail.com%3e>