qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Marnie McCormack" <marnie.mccorm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [java] client tests hanging
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:38:12 GMT
We *really* didn't mean to cause you any problems. Sorry.

We didn't know what the test restructuring you were doing was so the damage
was inadvertant :-( We're done on the release changes front now - so
shouldn't hold you up.

BTW we don't usually send notes about what we're planning to work on. Maybe
we need to have a project policy on using the 'Start Progress' JIRA option
to help with this ?

Marnie

On Nov 10, 2006, at 10:10 AM, Martin Ritchie wrote:
> On 10/11/06, Steve Vinoski <vinoski@iona.com> wrote:
>> On Nov 10, 2006, at 3:28 AM, Marnie McCormack wrote:
>> > As you all know we're currently getting organised for M1.
>>
>> Yep, and I've been working to make maven ready for it. Brian asked
>> the question about moving to maven for M1 in another thread last
>> night, and I'm surprised to see no answers to it this morning.
>>
>> > At things stand
>> > there are several open JIRAs for this work. Most of the changes you
>> > are
>> > seeing are directly related to the legal/license requirements for
>> > releasing,
>> > with some others being derived from these changes.
>>
>> This isn't accurate. I don't think the reorganization of tests that
>> occurred earlier this week was necessary for legal/license
>> requirements.
>>
>> All I'm saying in my email below is that 1) it would have been nice
>> to have gotten advance notice that the tests were going to be
>> reorganized, so that I wouldn't have wasted time moving the old stuff
>> around on my branch, and 2) the only thing keeping maven from being
>> ready for M1 is the need for further improvement to the test
>> structure.
>
> I'm sorry you feel like you wasted time moving the old stuff arround.
> We were having increased problems with the tests failing and not
> seeing exactly why so started the re-org as per QPID-37 created back
> Oct 17th.

IMO a JIRA is a definitely good thing to have for cases like this,
but it's not enough -- it's no substitute for a simple note to qpid-
dev announcing that you're planning to reorganize stuff to resolve it.

--steve