qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Marnie McCormack" <marnie.mccorm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Re: svn commit: r475297 - /incubator/qpid/trunk/qpid/java/broker/src/org/apache/qpid/server/Main.java
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:34:00 GMT
IIRC when Steve initially proposed introducing maven to the project we had
some debate, but it seems like there might be limitations/constraints
imposed that we didn't understand (as a group).

I can also see, from Daniel's posts, that other projects who use maven would
like us to follow suit as it'll make their lives easier.

So, there are pros & cons. What I think would be very helpful though (as
others have indicated) is a list of the things we can't do with maven (that
might impact us) ? We can then agree a way round/accept the limitation/other
as appropriate.

I know there have been a few items discussed in previous threads, and I'm
not very clear on where these things are at e.g. resolved, tricky but
fixable or really not possible.

So, for example, javadoc inclusion, mina snapshot, etc.

One way to do make where we are with maven clear would be to raise JIRAs for
the outstanding items. That way we can all see where we are, and discuss
anything truly significant.

It may be that you've already been able to resolve the items on Martin's
list Steve ? No time pressure from my perspective, just a sense that we're
perhaps a bit muddy at the moment.

Also Steve - if you could still do with a hand, JIRAs would be a good way to
get others involved now that M1 is pretty much done ?

Regards,
Marnie