qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cliffschm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Including snapshot dependencies from other ASF projects
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 00:10:34 GMT
On 11/20/06, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:
> Marnie McCormack wrote:
> > Hi Cliff,
> >
> > Thanks very much for progressing this for us.
> >
> > It has been encouraging to read such thoughtful and pragmatic
> > Leo and Henri.
> >
> > My reading of their responses is that if we cannot use a MINA release, we
> > can proceed with the snapshot if the MINA team do not object and there
> > are
> > valid reasons for doing so (and we follow the advice about declaring the
> > snapshot appropriately.
> >
> > Is this how you read the feedback ?

Yes -- but be sure to read Leo's "== next steps ==" section.  I think
he spells out a few qpid-specific details there that also seem pretty
reasonable to me.

> I know Robert has been speaking with MINA team. Looking through all
> those mails
> on the MINA list I would guess the next step would be write a mail that
> copies both
> the MINA and Qpid lists and ask if they would create us one case (3). if
> not we then need to
> document the details to release M1 under case (4)

Yep - that makes sense as a start to me, but see Leo's "== next steps
==" for more details.  Let me know if any of those steps don't make
sense to any of you -- they all seem reasonable to me.

Cliff