qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajith Attapattu" <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re : Dependencies and how it's going to affect the release
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 23:04:49 GMT
Hi All,

AFAIK when we release we will have to package some of the dependcies with
our binary distribution.
When we do this we need to make sure we supply the license.txt's for those
dependencies.

Currently we have static dependencies in our lib files scattered over the
project.
So we need to think about them.

For example the jms.jar. Now where did this come from?? where is the license
associated with this?
Usually in apache we use the geronimo spec project to get the API's, so we
can use that for JMS.

If I dependencies keeps growing then that will make things even more
diffficult to manage, especially at distribtuion/release time.

Maybe it's time to get things a bit more organized and move to a maven
structure where some of these headache are taken care of.

Regards,

Rajith