qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajith Attapattu" <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release artifacts
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 17:15:47 GMT
Hi Folks,

This is my understanding of how the release artifacts should be structured.
Mentors, if u guys see anything wrong please shout :)

We need to do a binary and a source distribution as per the release
guidelines posted by apache.

Here is the proposed  naming strucute for the jars for qpid.

apache-qpid-common-M1.jar
apache-qpid-broker-M1.jar
apache-qpid-client-M1.jar
apache-qpid-management-M1.jar

apache-qpid-src-M1.zip  and a apache-qpid-src-M1.tar.gz for source
apache-qpid-std-bin-M1.zip  and a apache-qpid-std-bin-M1.tar.gz

Ant tasks or maven goals
--------------------------------------
Ant or maven we need to provide a way for people who download the src and
for us to build these release artifacts.
So we need to create two ant tasks (or maven goals) called std-src-dist and
stad-bin-dist which will create the above release artifacts.

Source distribtuion
-----------------------------
a) A compilable source tree from the tagged version which is used for the
binary release.
b) We need to have NOTICE.txt, README.txt, LICENSE.txt and release_notes in
the top level directory
c) We need to get the licensing for all dependencies as we are currently
using ant and have a static repo

Standard Binary distribution
release_notes, README, NOTICE and LICENSE files should be at the top level
directory.
So for std bin distribtution here is the structure.

The idea is to have it running out of the box.

     |-- (all these text files)

     |-- bin (contains all scripts)

     |-- doc (java doc and some basic docs)

     |-- conf

     |-- log

     |-- lib  (with  licenses, this will include our jars as well)

Regards,

Rajith