qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Vinoski <vino...@iona.com>
Subject Re: clustering
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2006 18:48:06 GMT

On Dec 22, 2006, at 1:45 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:

> Steve Vinoski wrote:
>> Sounds good, thanks. My concern is that 1) we seem to have a
>> number of people involved with ideas on how to implement this, and
>> 2) those ideas seem to have quite a range to them. If we can get
>> some notes in the wiki about the various possibilities and their
>> pros and cons, we'll be in really good shape.
>
> Yes, more write up never hurts. Most of it just flows from the 0-9
> spec but the other pieces are worth getting onto the wiki.

Well, what doesn't flow from 0-9 is the choice of underlying Java
clustering implementation packages. A few have already been mentioned
in this thread, and other possibilities may exist as well. I'd like
to see those enumerated with their pros and cons so that we can
choose which one(s) appear best to use.

--steve