qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: bootstrap problem
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 14:30:40 GMT
On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 13:35 +0000, Steven Shaw wrote:
> I'm trying to build from a fresh checkout on RHEL3. Because the
> default autoconf version is not support (2.57)

Jim, is there any reason not to downgrade our autoconf requirement to
2.57? I'd like this to Just Work on an up-to-date RHEL 3 since JMPC are
on that platform and they're our only C++ users that I know of to date.

Steve, I did this with the initial patch from 2.60->2.59 can you try it
with RHEL 3 versions? I changed the AC_PREREQ(2.59) in configure.ac, and
a couple other things - if you run with the default RHEL 3 tools the
error messages will tell you what needs changing. If we're lucky it'll
just work with lower versions. If not, post the errors and we'll try to
make it work unless there's some showstopper. That would be better than
requiring a bunch of special versions of the tools to be installed every
time someone wants to build Qpid.

Cheers,
Alan.