qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Automake build system up and running :)
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 14:35:34 GMT
On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 11:38 +0000, Steven Shaw wrote:
> They used to be in a test/client directory but now are contained in
> the tests directory along with other cppunit-based tests. Also a file
> called Makefile.cppunit.examples has been removed. That was a file I
> included in the qpid-cpp-client binary distribution. The idea is to
> get users quickly started building the examples. It need more thought
> as it hard-coded the locations of boost and APR dependencies. Maybe it
> should be using autotools too!

We should create a separate examples directory for these - good tests
don't always make good examples and vice-versa, although we should also
have the examples automatically run as part of our test process of
course. I'll add a JIRA, won't get to it in the short term though so
open invitation!

Cheers,
Alan.