qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Some more performance improvements
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 18:44:02 GMT
Again some more incremental improvements to the C++ broker:

* Made the generator generate non-virtual inheritance; it doesn't create
a noticeable speed up in itself, but it's not needed where it's used.

* inlined qpid::sys::check() in APRBase.h; This is called a lot - for
every call to an APR call, inlining this seems to give about 8% speed in
my tests (even though originally check() only seemed to use 1-2% of the
time). I think this must be a 2nd order instruction caching effect.

[I'm aware that this code should be obsolete in a day or two, but at
least it's a model for what may come]

Andrew