qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Kim van der Riet <kim.vdr...@redhat.com>
Subject XML longstr mapping
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:40:55 GMT
I am working on integrating the new code generator into the Java
implementation.

I notice that in the old XSL-based generator, longstr is mapped to java
type byte[] while shortstr is mapped to String. In the new generator,
both shortstr and longstr are mapped to String. I also notice that in
the 0-8 XML, it is security-related challenge/response fields and
connection.start mechanisms/locales that use the longstr type.

Is it correct to keep the mapping in the new generator of longstr to
String, or should it be kept as byte[]? I had anticipated that longstr
may find wider usage besides security tokens.

I had thought we had discussed this and agreed on the mapping, but I
want to make sure.

Kim