qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Shaw" <stes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Automake build system up and running :)
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 15:06:14 GMT
On 04/12/06, Jim Meyering <jim@meyering.net> wrote:
> The problem is that your aclocal installation isn't finding libtool.m4.
> That may happen if you install/run your own version of autoconf (which
> contains aclocal).  When aclocal runs properly, it puts a copy of
> the AC_PROG_LIBTOOL macro in the aclocal.m4 that it creates.

I had to install my own autoconf because the one I had didn't work.
The aclocal comes from automake IIRC. I had to install a specific
version of automake too. Is it that the automake doesn't know where to
look for the autoconf files?

> If my guess is right, and in addition, you have a new enough
> distro-supplied version of autoconf installed, then running
> bootstrap like this might get you past the hump:
>
>   env PATH=/bin:/usr/bin ./bootstrap

Unfortunately my distros tools aren't the right version. I installed
my own versions of automake and autoconf to get over the humps. This
will defeat the purpose :)

> That runs only the system-supplied versions of the tools.
> Alternatively, you could copy libtool's libtool.m4 file into
> a directory where your autoconf tools (aclocal) will find it,
> e.g., cp libtool.m4 $prefix/share/aclocal/
> where $prefix is whatever you used when configuring autoconf.
> If you used no prefix, then use prefix=/usr/local.

I'll try this as soon as I get home.

Cheers,
Steve.