qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Shaw" <stes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bootstrap problem
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 16:21:56 GMT
On 05/12/06, Jim Meyering <jim@meyering.net> wrote:
> This is the same aclocal problem you saw before.
> perhaps your path is not set right (so you're running
> some other version of aclocal), or maybe the libtool.am file
> is installed in the wrong place.

I can assure you that my PATH was set up right. If libtool.am was in
the wrong place it was the fault of the automake's 'make install' as I
installed from source. I'm not using yum as this is not my box. I'm
just doing builds for another development team using RHEL3.

Qpid developers here are generally using RHEL4. I prefer Ubuntu Edgy :).

> BTW, if you're installing your own version of automake,
> why don't you use automake-1.10?

Well

  http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/

didn't specify the stable version so I just downloaded one at "random"
;). Actually I Googled up some other page listing versions of libtool
automake and autoconf and installed those versions. I wanted them to
all work togther.

Steve.