qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Shaw" <stes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bootstrap problem
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 17:29:59 GMT
On 05/12/06, Jim Meyering <jim@meyering.net> wrote:
> Thanks.  I did see it.  ISTR that one problem is you switched
> from an AC_ macro to a now-deprecated AM_ one.  Support for deprecated
> bits will likely be phased out in upcoming releases.  So it's best not to
> use them in new projects.

Yes I did do that. That's what the error message told me to do. Alan
had suggested that I try getting it working with standard tools on
RHEL3.

> Remember that people using such packages are typically encouraged
> to start with an RPM or a tarball.  That you're using development
> tools implies you are more, um... adventurous, progressive, etc.,
> at least on the build-tools front.

Yeah I remember

> That's why I suggested you get the latest stable version of automake.

Well I could do that but it seems to be working already. Are you sure
automake 1.10 is the latest stable?

As I said, the GNU Automake site doesn't say so I was left to pick my
own version...

> > It seems that libapr-1 isn't included as a link parameter for the tests.
> >
> > I've tried greping through the Makefiles and whatnot but can only find
> > something about setting up the APR CXX flags... no the libs...
>
> It's in client/Makefile.am:  Look for APR_LIBS.

APR_LIBS does seem to be used in lib/common/Makefile.am
It's not there in lib/client/Makefile.am

In addition, APR_LIBS doesn't appear to be defined anywhere.

Steve.