qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: bootstrap problem
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 15:49:06 GMT
On Tuesday 05 December 2006 10:14, Alan Conway wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 15:00 +0000, Steven Shaw wrote:
> > Oh. I backed the AC_PREREQ to 2.57 and automake requirement to 1.6.3
> > in Makefile.am. From bootstrap I get:
>
> Maybe Jim can help here.
>
> > Thanks for the hand. It's be a few years since I did any serious C/C++
> > development and I didn't have the pleasure of meeting the autotools -
> > not from the dev side anyhow.
>
> I'm new to them also - been living in proprietary software land till
> recently. Thanks for your perseverance, I really want to get this all to
> the point where it Just Works on any reasonably recent linux distro that
> Qpid users are likely to be on.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan

Just FYI: it all fails on a brand new Gentoo x86_64 install.

When I run ./configure:
configure: error:

*** [Gentoo] sanity check failed! ***
*** libtool.m4 and ltmain.sh have a version mismatch! ***
*** (libtool.m4 = 1.5.22, ltmain.sh = "1.5.22 Debian 1.5.22-4") ***
Please run:

  libtoolize --copy --force

If I then run the libtoolize thing and rerun  configure, I get:
checking for APR... configure: error: Package requirements (apr-1 >= 1.2.2)
were not met:

No package 'apr-1' found

Looking through Gentoo stuff, it looks like apr >= 1.0 is hard masked both by
version number and keyword.   Thus, it requires a bit of overriding defaults
to get apr-1.2.7 installed.   (editing some files in /etc/portage to unmask
it and allow the keyword)   Once I got that installed in a new slot, it now
complains about:

checking for APR... yes
checking for CPPUNIT... configure: error: Package requirements (cppunit >=
1.10.2) were not met:

No package 'cppunit' found

I'm stumped on that one as I DO have cppunit installed.
dkulp@dilbert ~/working/qpid/cpp $ cppunit-config  --version
1.10.2
dkulp@dilbert ~/working/qpid/cpp $ cppunit-config  --libs
-L/usr/lib64 -lcppunit -ldl
and /usr/include/cppunit exists and has a bunch of headers and such.

Any ideas?

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer