qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: bootstrap problem
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 16:20:00 GMT
On Tuesday 05 December 2006 10:54, Steven Shaw wrote:
> On 05/12/06, Daniel Kulp <daniel.kulp@iona.com> wrote:
> > checking for APR... yes
> > checking for CPPUNIT... configure: error: Package requirements (cppunit
> > >= 1.10.2) were not met:
> >
> > No package 'cppunit' found
>
> Probably because it required >=1.11.4 but if you install one yourself
> be sure to use 1.11.6 as that one has a .pc file.

OK.   Unmasking cppunit and re-emerging it got 1.11.6 which does work.
However, why does all the README's and such say:

 * CppUnit 1.10.2: http://cppunit.sourceforge.net

Should those be updated?

Also, after a bootstrap/config cycle, I've noticed that it modified a bunch of
svn checked in files:
M      build-aux/config.guess
M      build-aux/config.sub
M      build-aux/ltmain.sh

Is that bad?    Wouldn't a commit then include those things.   Would that
screw everybody up?

Anyway, "make" now works.  "make check" passes.   That's 64bit build as well
BTW.    :-)

My summary for Gentoo:
1) You need to unmask dev-util/cppunit and dev-libs/apr:
     echo ">=dev-libs/apr-1.0.0" >> /etc/portage/package.unmask
     echo "dev-libs/apr" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
     echo "dev-util/cppunit" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords

2) Run "emerge cppunit apr" to install the new versions.

3) ./configure will fail the first time , but will give instructions on how to
run libtoolize to fix it.    Run that once and re-run configure.

All is fine after that.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer