qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Error in running mgnt target on Linux.
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 19:36:54 GMT

Bhupendra,

There are two parts to this...

1) Building and running tests in management/eclipse-plugin:
(BTW: is the "plugins" dir in there needed?   It looks like everything is
being downloaded OK.   Maybe use the dependency plugin to build the plugins
dir if needed?   Having all those jars there sucks from a "size of the source
distribution" standpoint)

Is this needed?   It seems to build fine on Linux with the win32 bundle?   I
guess tests might not run?   I'm not sure.

In anycase, if you needed to, you would definitely use profiles for this.
You can add a dependency in the profile for a platform.   Thus, you can
create a "windows" profile that adds the windows version, a Linux one, etc...

In all cases, the artifacts would need to be put in the maven repositories.
You may need to follow the instructions at:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html
to create some packages and create a JIRA  item and work with the maven folks
to get the other packages available.

2) Building the distribution packages - most likely, you'll need a separate
assembly xml file for each of the platforms put in
distribution/src/main/assembly with slightly different dependencySet's for
each one.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp