qpid-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Web site
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2006 01:50:03 GMT
Hi.  I can tell you a bit about the OpenEJB auto export setup.
(http://incubator.apache.org/openejb/)

Our template is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/
openejb/trunk/website/src/vm/openejb_autoexport.vm

The publishing is a bit ad-hoc and somewhat manual still, but it's
better than nothing.

For people who don't have shell access to cwiki, Jeff Turner has a
cron script that rsyncs all the autoexport generated data from cwiki
to his home dir on people.   I have a similar cron script that rsyncs
from his dir to incubator.a.o./openejb.  Here's that script:

--site_update.sh--
#!/usr/local/bin/bash

LAST="$HOME/last-website-check"

NEWEST="$(ls -t $LAST /home/jefft/public_html/confluence/OPENEJB/* |
grep -m1 '^')"

if [ "$NEWEST" != "$LAST" ]; then
/usr/local/bin/rsync -tvr /home/jefft/public_html/confluence/OPENEJB/
* /www/incubator.apache.org/openejb/
fi

touch "$LAST"
------------------

I run that once an hour.

The base site -- images, stylesheets, presentations, and other
goodies -- is all entirely in svn and I periodically update svn
manually with the latest generated content.

About once a week I hop onto cwiki and have autoexport regenerate all
the content again.  This takes care of the dynamic content in
confluence like rss or jira data.

The template we use has some good macros at the top, that's the more
important part.  The html is fairly old -- it's only been tweaked
since it was originally created 6-7 years ago.  With better
stylesheets you can do the same without endless sea of tables.  But
it doesn't take much to plum in the dynamic content into an existing
html template.

I do like the servicemix site too, that'd be a great template to yank
if you just wanted something small and clean to get started.

Hope this helps.

-David