qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Fox <tim....@jboss.com>
Subject Re: [java] Question on implementing queue browsing
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 07:18:03 GMT
Problem is, there is no guarantee a JMS server's implementation of
browsing accurately reflects what is in the queue at any particular
time, otherwise you would have to lock the whole queue (See jms 1.1. spec)

So don't use it for anything where you can't cope with missing messages
/ duplicates.

--
Tim Fox
JBoss Messaging Technical Lead