qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: new client examples
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:53:15 GMT

Maybe structure was the wrong word - what I would like to see is that we
group the same
types of example together across languages - and a queue example in Java
is also called a
queue example in C# or C++ and shows the same thing in both sets of
examples. I am not suggesting
that we will have all the same examples, just that we use common
grouping and names for those
that are the same.

If you look at the API across C++, C# and Java this has been done
already as far as possible and
Ruby and Python also are very close. I bit of thought will make is a lot
easier for users of the project - for
example, I want to "consume" from a queue in java - I read the consume
example. Now I need to do it in .NET, I go
look for the consume example in C#.

Carl.