qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: clustering
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2006 15:33:15 GMT
lichtner wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Carl Trieloff wrote:
>

>> there is both a server in Java and C++.
>>

> While we are on the topic, why two server implementations?

So that it can also be run as a native daemon service on platforms that
support that and
take advantage of better IO rates, and so that we can deploy all Java
where that is desired.

Note that we have clients in Python, Ruby, C#, C++, Java (JMS) and I
have been asked
for Perl...

>> If you go to the wiki, cwiki.apache.org/qpid under clustering there is
>> quite a bit up there on what we are working on in this regard. C++ is
>> being put together to use OpenAIS (also totem) and Java there are more
>> options for non AMQP cluster comms.
>>

> Yes, I saw the wiki. But it seems to mention that the design is not
> finished - correct me if I am wrong.

We had to wait for 0-9 of the AMQP spec to be published to get some
of the items we need in the protocol. Now that 0-9 is out it should go quite
quickly.

>> How mature is EVS4J on CKPT, EVT, EVS, CLM, CPG,CMAN, DLM ?
>>

> It's just an in-process implementation of the totem protocol, so it does
> not have checkpointing, special event messages, or lock management. That
> is not part of totem.

ok, have you tried to integrate with JGroups then?