qpid-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jim Meyering <...@meyering.net>
Subject Re: bootstrap problem
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 17:11:22 GMT
"Steven Shaw" <steshaw@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/12/06, Jim Meyering <jim@meyering.net> wrote:
>> Well, would you please try with the newer version: automake-1.10?
>> I'd rather not debug a problem if it's already been fixed in the latest.
> Thing is that I got it bootstrap working using standard RHEL3
> versions. I just had to change a couple of files. You might have
> missed my earlier email about that.

Thanks.  I did see it.  ISTR that one problem is you switched
from an AC_ macro to a now-deprecated AM_ one.  Support for deprecated
bits will likely be phased out in upcoming releases.  So it's best not to
use them in new projects.

Remember that people using such packages are typically encouraged
to start with an RPM or a tarball.  That you're using development
tools implies you are more, um... adventurous, progressive, etc.,
at least on the build-tools front.

That's why I suggested you get the latest stable version of automake.

> It seems that libapr-1 isn't included as a link parameter for the tests.
> I've tried greping through the Makefiles and whatnot but can only find
> something about setting up the APR CXX flags... no the libs...

It's in client/Makefile.am:  Look for APR_LIBS.

View raw message