qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Meyering <...@meyering.net>
Subject Re: better bootstrap and gen/* dependencies
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2006 06:40:37 GMT
Alan Conway <aconway@redhat.com> wrote:
> Jim I had problems with this - where are $JAVA and $JAVAC supposed to be
> set? I've got to go, I'll apply the patch tomorrow unless Gordon beats
> me to it.

Alan,

Those variables are set via configure.  The AC_CHECK_PROGS autoconf macro
AC_SUBST's them.  I've verified that the patch applies to a tree with no
modifications and that a subsequent "make" reruns autoconf, configure et
al (checking for java and javac) and rebuilds all of the required pieces.

What symptoms do you have?