qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Kelly, Brian" <BRIAN.KE...@iona.com>
Subject RE: new client examples
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 22:23:37 GMT
+1 from me.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Kodichath, Suresh [mailto:Suresh.Kodichath@iona.com]
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 4:05 PM
To: qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: new client examples

Hi,

I want to propose the following on this, considering the requirements
that were raised earlier here.

The requirements are to have the examples compiled as a jar file in a
distribution(examples.jar), and also to have examples in source form in
the distribution under $QPID_HOME/examples.

The proposal:

1. Create a new examples directory under trunk/qpid/java as
trunk/qpid/java/examples. This will contain samples as in
trunk/qpid/java/examples/org/apache/qpid/...

Currently, I think, examples directory has to be under the top-level
java directory in-order to be able to create an examples.jar consisting
of the compiled example classes.

2. Move /add samples to the relevant directories under java/examples.

3. Create distribution targets for examples.jar, and $QPID_HOME/examples
in a binary distribution.

4. Create distribution targets for $QPID_HOME/examples in the source
distribution.

Please let me know if your feedback(s) on this proposal.

TIA,
Suresh