qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Kodichath, Suresh" <Suresh.Kodich...@iona.com>
Subject RE: new client examples
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:15:42 GMT
Hi Carl,
I don't believe we should impose a similar structure on all the
different languages, but rather allow for various languages to have a
structure suitable to their own needs. Each of these languages has their
own requirements / conventions, and therefore I believe that it is best
suited to follow their own individual semantics.

Further we don't follow a similar structure for any of the existing
code, considering they have their own build environments, testing
requirements, and so on. Also the level of Qpid features supported
varies a lot between the various implementations.

Considering these I don't think it is useful in putting the effort in
coming up with a similar (example) structure for all the languages.
Finally I think it will be preferable to have the discussions here on
this list.

Regards,
Suresh

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Trieloff [mailto:cctrieloff@redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 4:25 PM
To: qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: new client examples

I think though should also be given so that we can lay examples down for

all the clients in a similar structure
so that someone can look and Java , or C++ or Python and know what to
expect if they have already looked at one
language.

I thus think we should have some discussion of how we actually want to
lay the examples out.

carl.

Das, Kapali Tejeswar wrote:
> +1 from me.