qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Kodichath, Suresh" <Suresh.Kodich...@iona.com>
Subject RE: new client examples
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 23:19:01 GMT
Hi Carl,
The proposal I had sent here is only saying about the packaging of
samples (creating the distributions in Java), and it doesn't say
anything about what are the samples Qpid should provide.

I agree with you in that the samples should be similar where possible
across languages, but that is a separate discussion and has nothing to
do with how we create the distributions.

Currently I am only trying to put the structure in place that will allow
samples to be added later, and to start off I will be moving the example
already in Qpid into this new structure.

I will send a separate proposal on the list of samples, but I believe
this is an ongoing process.

Regards,
Suresh

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Trieloff [mailto:cctrieloff@redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 5:53 PM
To: qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: new client examples

Maybe structure was the wrong word - what I would like to see is that we

group the same
types of example together across languages - and a queue example in Java

is also called a
queue example in C# or C++ and shows the same thing in both sets of
examples. I am not suggesting
that we will have all the same examples, just that we use common
grouping and names for those
that are the same.

If you look at the API across C++, C# and Java this has been done
already as far as possible and
Ruby and Python also are very close. I bit of thought will make is a lot

easier for users of the project - for
example, I want to "consume" from a queue in java - I read the consume
example. Now I need to do it in .NET, I go
look for the consume example in C#.

Carl.