qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Vinoski <vino...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Qpid Java Build Instructions - Trunk (M2+)
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 22:23:14 GMT

On Dec 1, 2006, at 6:58 AM, Gordon Sim wrote:

> Marnie McCormack wrote:
>> All,
>> I've made a brief initial contribution to the Build instructions
>> for the
>> java trunk here:
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Qpid+Java+Build+How
>> Please do contribute to/edit these instructions, especially if you
>> have some
>> maven tips to share which could be quickly added.
>
> Particularly if you know an easy way to build and then run the
> broker using the qpid-run scripts without having to create a
> release and untar it.

Hi Gordon, I guess the issue here is that qpid-run is specifically
intended to work within the layout of the installed package
environment. We could

1. Write a new script to be used within your svn working copy,
perhaps boiling the common parts of it and the qpid-run script into a
separate file that each of them source so as to prevent scripting
duplication.

2. Augment qpid-run so that it can also run within the svn working copy.

For users, IMO the first approach would be cleaner. Any other
opinions or ideas? I've filed QPID-150 for this, so either post your
opinions here or attach them to that issue (or both).

--steve