qpid-dev mailing list archives

From lichtner <licht...@bway.net>
Subject clustering
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 18:46:43 GMT

Does this project need any contributions regarding building symmetric
clustering which includes high availability?

If the server is going to be in Java, I believe that EVS4J would provide a
solid foundation. Essentially the idea is that all operations which affect
the state of the server should be broadcast to all cluster nodes before
being applied to the server's state, but each node would service a
different set of client connections.

As the author of EVS4J, I know of at least one app server vendor which has
built it clustering code on EVS4J and has achieved 25,000 messages per
second (about 1400 bytes per message.) The throughput per queue would
therefore be about 25,000/s, (regardless of the size of the cluster.)
However, the latency would increase linearly with the number of nodes
(i.e. with the number of client connections to be serviced.)