qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Godfrey" <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [java] We are JMS compliant now
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 13:19:13 GMT
Hi Brian,

apologies, it was not our intention to supplant Tejeswar's work in any way.
As I thought we made clear in our comment on the JIRA, Martin and I only
implemented an initial draft of Queue Browsing.  Our intention was only to
ensure that there were no other outstanding JMS issues which were being
masked by the Queue Browsing failures.  As it turned out there were none,
which was great news.

After I reviewed Martin's Selector changes I had an insight about how we
could implement Queue Browsing very cheaply.  Martin and I discussed this on
the (UK) morning of the 20th and spent about 3 hours each on the
implementation.  If any time has been wasted, then it is this - and I am
relatively relaxed about wasting 6 hours on the last productive day before
Christmas :-)

Seriously, we know Tejeswar has been working on this since the 16th of
November and will have thought about this a lot more deeply than we have.  I
would be very happy to see our code replaced by a more elegant solution.

Cheers,
Rob