qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject C++: Status of qpid.0-9 branch
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 01:07:30 GMT
This branch is now compiling and passing most unit tests but hanging in
system tests. It's in the following half-baked state:
 - Has generated code for amqp 0-9 *including* old 0-8 Basic class.
 - Has stubbed out classes & methods for new 0-9 stuff with assert(0) in
unimplemented methods.
 - Has FIXMES marking places that need attention.

I'm going to start working on implementing the framing and
acknowledgement aspects QPID-247, initially working to get the old Basic
class working over the new framing/ack layer.

Andrew is going to start working on the new Messaging class, initially
over the old framing layer.

Not clear yet how best we will merge our work together: worst case
scenario is a big-bang after we've completed the above tasks, hopefully
we'll find a more incremental solution - suggestions welcome.

If anyone else is interested in helping speak up and we'll see if we can
find a useful way to divvy the work further.

Cheers,
Alan.