qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [CONF] Apache Qpid: Qpid Cpp Build How To (page edited)
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 02:16:24 GMT
On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 14:39 -0800, confluence@apache.org wrote:
> Page Edited : qpid : Qpid Cpp Build How To

This page duplicates information in the READMEs in SVN. I'd like to
avoid such duplication as something will inevitably get out of date.

The advantage of keeping such instructions in SVN is that they get
versioned with the build system, so as the build system changes you'll
always have the right instructions for the build system version you're
using. That won't be the case with wiki instructions. Also I suspect
developers will be more likely to forget to update the wiki than they
will an SVN README.

So I suggest we keep build instructions in README's in SVN and just
point people to them on the wiki. What do others think?

Cheers,
Alan.