qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Managing merges
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:30:19 GMT
Looking at the subversion website it appears that svnmerge.py is now
maintained as part of the subversion distribution so that makes it
almost "blessed" by subversion. It looks like they are planning to use
svnmerge as a sort of model for the merge tracking support in future
versions of svn so it looks like it might be the best future proof
solution.

Another possibility is to use SVK (http://svk.bestpractical.com/)which
also supports merge tracking, and uses svn as its underlying storage and
can also be used to mirror svn repositories. However this would probably
only work to manage individual branches and these would then be in a
different repository from the main qpid repo.

I have tried to use svk to allow me to manage my own qpid development
(as I don't have commiter rights yet) but I ran into some problems
trying to mirror the whole qpid tree - this seems to appear when trying
to mirror version 488160 of the repo. It seems to work fine though with
a small branch (qpid.0-9) created after this repo version.

Andrew