qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Qpid C++ header file includes
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:28:23 GMT
I'm a little concerned by the format of the header file guards being
used by the Qpid C++ code.

They mostly look like:

	#ifndef _SessionHandlerFactoryImpl_
	#define _SessionHandlerFactoryImpl_

Now according to the C++ standard (I'll look up the standard if anyone
is interested) symbols that have a single "_" followed by an uppercase
letter are reserved for the implementer (That is usually the
compiler/library writer). It's not clear to me whether symbols includes
macro symbols or not, but it seems better not to use them. Any symbol
starting with "__" is also reserved.

I'd suggest that we adopt a standard for include header guards that
doesn't start with "_" at all, preferable one that includes path
elements as well, as there was a case last week where 2 headers ended up
with the same guard temporarily and caused an annoying build problem.

Once we agree something I'm happy to go away and change all the header
files.

Any thoughts?

Andrew