qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: spec clarification regarding exception handling
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:49:13 GMT
On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 15:34 -0500, Nuno Santos wrote:
> Martin Ritchie wrote:
> > My understanding is that closing the connection is the correct
> > approach when a client does something wrong.
>
> I agree that's the default action that the spec mandates for other
> errors, I just feel it's too harsh for this particular scenario --
> attempting to create a channel and having the creation fail isn't a big
> deal, I don't think it justifies taking down the whole connection... I
> can see the other side of the argument, though, that since the client
> knows the threshold it shouldn't be attempting to create channels beyond
> that limit.

I think you should raise this issue on the AMQ WG list. It has been
discussed before and there are strong opinions on various sides, it may
be ripe for a hammering out. Personally I'm still on the fence :)
Until we agree on something else at the AMQP level I think we should
implement the current model - its harsh but consistent and
interoperable.