qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Asio for qpid
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 23:06:11 GMT
Been looking at the boost network library http://asio.sourceforge.net

It does exactly what I've been working on for qpid - a proactor
implemented over epoll using largely inline implementations that can be
reimplemented on kevents when the time comes.

It's a lot more  complete and general purpose than what I've been doing
and it has other features including SSL, scatter-gather,
type-memory-safe segmented buffers etc. done in a nice STL style. It
also takes advantage of other boost libs like Serialization (maybe
interesting), binding etc. so all in all it's a very nice looking
library for C++.

Anyone know of any killer reasons not to use it? When 0-9 work is done
I'll do some experiments to get an idea of performance issues and the
like.

Cheers,
Alan.