qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject c++ client-broker round-trip tests.
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 21:26:53 GMT
On my last commit I added cpp/tests/InProcessBroker. It is a broker that
you can connect to directly in-process, bypassing the framing and
network layers. The InProcessBroker also records the entire
client-broker conversation as a vector of Frames so your tests can
verify the client and broker said what they were supposed to. See
tests/FramingTest for an example of use.

Its not strictly speaking a unit test, but with the in-process broker it
seems reasonable to run it in the unit test framework. Apart from tests
that are intended to exercise the network code this is a good way to do
functional tests with less overhead and fragility than you get trying to
co-ordinate multiple test processes.

Cheers,
Alan.