qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Greig" <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [java] client patch for review & comments
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 23:30:47 GMT
On 17/01/07, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
> Attached is a patch that I would like to make to the Java client
> (including some changes to the common module).
>
> It does the following:
>
> (i) uses LONG_STRING in place of WIDE_STRING for properties set through
> FieldTable.setString() as these appear to all be equivalent (apart from
> the type code)

This should be fine. WIDE_STRING needs some work to be useful since
there needs to be some kind of agreement on connection establishment
on the encoding used (you may recall we discussed this a while ago).

> (ii) uses setString instead of setAsciiString in creation of the
> connection.start-ok frames client properties

Again this looks fine to me. It was originally setString but in a
confused moment I think I changed it to asciiString :-|

> (iii) uses 4 bytes for the size of the BINARY value type as per the spec
> posted on the wiki

Yes, this is a bug.

RG