qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject [java] client patch for review & comments
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:20:07 GMT
Attached is a patch that I would like to make to the Java client
(including some changes to the common module).

It does the following:

(i) uses LONG_STRING in place of WIDE_STRING for properties set through
FieldTable.setString() as these appear to all be equivalent (apart from
the type code)

(ii) uses setString instead of setAsciiString in creation of the
connection.start-ok frames client properties

(iii) uses 4 bytes for the size of the BINARY value type as per the spec
posted on the wiki

I have a patch for the c++ broker to add support for the BINARY value
type and with these changes, that allows the topic test at least to pass
using java client and c++ broker). (I would prefer to have that pass
without the use of BINARY at all, but will leave that for later).

If anyone has any objections to the attached patch, let me know. In
particular if it will have any impact on the JMS TCK. Otherwise I will
check this in.