qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject [RESULTS][VOTE] new committers
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 19:46:59 GMT

We had the following vote on the qpid private list to add 3 committers
to the project. I would like to welcome them on as committers. Robert
Godfrey , Andrew Stitcher , and Jim Meyering have all being voted onto
the project with 7 or more +1's. There where no 0, or -1 cast. All three
provided substantial contributions to the project over an extended
period of 6-8 weeks. Contributions include queue browsing, a new C++
build and tool chain, performance enhancements, working JIRA which
included new features and bug fixes in addition to helping others on the
lists. I think it is fair to say that they have a solid grasp of the
project.

Additional note:

This is the projects first new committer vote, so we did it on the
private list as a first run. The vote happened on the private list
following a discussion to make sure no one had any major concerns they'd
rather bring up privately rather than to embarrass any of the potential
committers. We should be able to conduct the vote on the dev list next
time which on of our mentors called out for us. I think we now know how
to do that without embarrassing anyone.

Welcome aboard.
Carl.