qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Meyering <...@meyering.net>
Subject Re: [c++ trunk] Python test failures.
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 19:46:14 GMT
Alan Conway <aconway@redhat.com> wrote:
> Anyone seen the following python failures against the C++ broker (on the
> trunk) They look like the same tests that were failing due to a c++
> broker bug (raising wrong error code) but that was fixed last week. It
> looks like the wrong type of object is being tested.
> ERROR: testTypeNotKnown (tests.exchange.MiscellaneousErrorsTests)
> ERROR: test_invalid_channel (tests.broker.BrokerTests)

[/me looks up through 10k lines of 'screen' history...]
Yep.
I've seen those a couple times in the last two days.
But they're not consistently reproducible, here.
However, with the beginnings of my valgrind instrumentation
in place, this one *does* happen repeatably:
[sometimes I get five failures, sometimes just this one]

    ERROR: test_purge (tests.queue.QueueTests)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home_old/e/work/rh/rhn/messaging-clean/trunk/qpid-help2man/python/tests/queue.py",
line 78, in test_purge
        channel.channel_open()
      File "<string>", line 3, in channel_open
      File "/home_old/e/work/rh/rhn/messaging-clean/trunk/qpid/python/qpid/peer.py", line
180, in invoke
        raise Closed(self.reason)
    Closed

This just popped up, so I don't even know if it fails without my changes.

The failures I'm seeing may well be timing-related, since valgrind
slows down the broker by a large amount.