qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Marnie McCormack" <marnie.mccorm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Message history and replay
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:01:53 GMT
Hi Colin,

I guess my immediate reading of this is that it could be mighty dangerous in
the wrong hands i.e. a very large message store might result if applied too
liberally.

When we talked about archiving messages previously we had imagined that
timeToLive could come in to play here, though I might well be abusing it's
intended purpose.

I guess we might also need to be careful around anything which might slow up
the 'normal' startup model i.e. when we need to point a new broker instance
at an existing BDB store and get the messages in queues for recovery.

I'll try to give it some more thought :-)

Bfn,
Marnie