qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cliffschm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULTS][VOTE] new committers
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 20:09:39 GMT
On 1/19/07, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:

> We had the following vote on the qpid private list to add 3 committers
> to the project. I would like to welcome them on as committers. Robert
> Godfrey , Andrew Stitcher , and Jim Meyering have all being voted onto
> the project with 7 or more +1's. There where no 0, or -1 cast. All three
> provided substantial contributions to the project over an extended
> period of 6-8 weeks. Contributions include queue browsing, a new C++
> build and tool chain, performance enhancements, working JIRA which
> included new features and bug fixes in addition to helping others on the
> lists. I think it is fair to say that they have a solid grasp of the
> project.

Congrats to Robert, Andrew, and Jim!

Each of you should now do a few things to get you started:
1. Read, sign, and send in (either by fax or by email to legal-archive
at a.o) an Individual CLA.
2. Ask your employer to sign a Corporate CLA.  If they have already
done so, ask them to send in an update with your name added.

(both CLAs can be found at http://www.apache.org/licenses/)

3. Send me a few pieces of info (you can send it to me privately, if
you want to avoid the possibility of spam harvesting of your email
address on this list's archive):

- Your preferred user id, making sure it is not already taken (see
http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html).
- Your full name, as listed on the CLA
- Your email address, as listed on the CLA.
- Confirmation that you have already sent in your CLA, and see it
reflected in the list at
http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html#unlistedclas.

Once I receive all of this, I will send an account creation request,
according to http://apache.org/dev/pmc.html#newcommitter.

Note that any PPMC member could do what I've mentioned above, but I
thought I should at least do it the first time, and anyone who wants
to volunteer can take care of it for future new committers.

Finally, after the accounts have been created, the new account needs
to be given karma to the qpid svn repository and Jira project (if not
already done by then).  Karma to svn requires the PMC chair (which
would be Noel) or any other officer.  Since I happen to be an officer
(as the Legal guy), I can also take care of this part too.

Cliff