qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Godfrey" <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AMQP 0-9 support
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:43:14 GMT
I think we would be quite nervous about removing all support for the old
classes.  I guess I was misunderstanding exactly what was being attempted in
the 0-9 support branch.  I thought we would be aiming for supporting the 0-9
spec as publicly released, not just the WIP parts.  Certainly we could not
deploy anything in this state.

For those of us supporting QPID implementations in production, I think we
should aim to support the published version of the specification.  Otherwise
we should wait until the specification deprecates the old framing and
Request/Response ceases to be WIP (0-10?).

- Rob