qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Godfrey" <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AMQP 0-9 support
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:35:29 GMT

> I agree it's worse now, but I suspect that our development will continue
> to lead the spec even past the 1.0 version, in which case we will need
> some kind of negotiation because we can't have all our clients and
> brokers advertising AMQP 1.0 during negotiation and then using project
> specific extensions.

I agree - once we get to 1-0 we *must* perform some protocol negotiation if
we intend to deviate from spec.  I believe the rule is that once the
protocol gets to/beyond 1-0 is is encumbant upon brokers to support previous
versions of the protocol.  Is there anyway in the spec to define negotiation
of implementation specific features... or shall we just use the client
properties (i.e. if you advertsie that you are a QPID client then we assume
you are capable of talking QPID AMQP)?

- Rob