qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Testing Java Broker & Client
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 16:31:33 GMT
Kevin Smith wrote:
> Gordon Sim wrote:
>> Kevin Smith wrote:
>>> I'm trying to test my SSL changes so I can submit the finalized
>>> patch. I'm getting NullPointerExceptions during connection setup and
>>> I think it might have something to do with how I've got the broker
>>> configured. Can someone point me at some resources about how to
>>> configure the broker?
>>
>> If you mean how to tell the broker which configuration file to use
>> then I believe you can specify the config file as a command line
>> option (--config or -c then the path). The default path is
>> $(QPID_HOME)/etc/config.xml.
>>
>> Or is it the contents of the config file itself you are inquiring about?
>>
> Yeah, I was a little vague :-)
>
> I'm looking for info on the contents of the config file. I figured out
> how to specify a config file and all of that. I'm suspecting that my
> actual config isn't quite right. Attached is the config I'm currently
> using.

Sorry; misunderstood! I'm no expert on the config file format, so if its
an authoritative statement on config file structure you're after I'll
need to leave that to someone else.

However, I know the example in broker/etc works without error and it has:

     <connector>
         <ssl>false</ssl>
         <sslport>8672</sslport>
     </connector>

Assuming you have modified the code that reads that section as part of
your SSL work, the NPE is most likely from some part that isn't
specified in your file and is required but not checked.  Whats the stack
trace you see? Probably easiest to figure it out from that.