qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Rupert Smith" <rupertlssm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Apr version for C++ Build.
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 10:42:23 GMT
Yes, README.rhel3 is out of date. It referes to scripts that are no longer
there. It was usefull to me when doing a build on rh3 though, because the
other READMEs didn't mention make 3.8 which I had to upgrade to. README-dist
should probably mention make 3.8 perhaps in a "How to Build on RH3 "
section.

The other thing wrong with the build instructions is that README-dist is not
included in the source distribution and README-dev is. In fact, you need to
read both in order to do a build and figure out how the instructions in both
these files need to be merged together. Might be better just to have a
single set of instructions in one file, with an optional section at the
begining decribing steps to be taken to build from a checkout and then
common steps to build from a source distribution. If this sounds like a good
idea, I volunteer to submit a patch for it while it is still fresh in my
mind.

Rupert