qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cliffschm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Karma Request
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 17:42:59 GMT
On 2/8/07, Martin Ritchie <ritchiem@apache.org> wrote:
> This thread in fact kicked things into motion.

Things were kicked in motion weeks ago when I, as one of the mentors,
send the required emails to root, cc'ing the ppmc and pmc.  I also
granted the committers karma last week when their accounts were set
up.

> As I hadn't seen any
> messages on qpid private about the creation of the karma coupled with

You should have already seen the acct requests that I sent out on Jan
25th when I cc'd the ppmc.  You might not have seen the response from
root, because I believe they typically only cc the pmc, not the ppmc.
However, I watch for those emails and usually hear from the committer
if there's been a problem.  In fact, one of the new committers
actually did have a problem with his spam filter and didn't receive
his acct setup email from root.  He asked me about it last week, and I
directed him towards root to ask if they would please resend.

> the fact that Rob cannot commit I assumed the other two guys couldn't
> commit. I appologise for the extra traffic on this subject as the
> karma has been granted so there must something else up.

Well it was nice of you to look out for the new committers, but you
can generally assume that such problems can be addressed on the qpid
dev or ppmc list with the help of the mentors before bothering our
busy infrastructure folks.

Cliff

> On 08/02/07, Jean T. Anderson <jta@bristowhill.com> wrote:
> > I'm spotting that these accounts were created on Jan 27, 2007.
> >
> > Martin (Ritchie), if one of Qpid's Incubator mentors isn't available to
> > grant karma, a request to private@incubator.apache.org should kick
> > things into motion.
> >
> >  -jean
> >
> > Martin Cooper wrote:

> > > No, not all. Only if your PMC Chair is not responsive or unavailable, which
> > > is not something you mentioned, so we had no reason to believe that is the
> > > case.
> > >
> > > "[...] please contact your PMC chair first. [...] If your PMC chair is not
> > > responsive or unavailable, you may send email to *infrastructure at
> > > apache.org*."
> > >
> > > So should we now assume that your PMC Chair is in fact not responsive or
> > > unavailable?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Martin Cooper
> > >
> > > only account creations go to root. It also states that

See: